This post, 10 Library or Bookstore Date Ideas, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
I love visiting the library or bookstore. James and I have been trying to fit in more dates. However, we like to keep our date affordable. Today I want to share 10 library or bookstore date ideas.
I have been thinking about how much fun it would be to go on a date to the library or bookstore. The more I thought about having a date at the library, the more ideas came to me. I was able to come up with 10 library or bookstore date ideas.
10 Library or Bookstore Date Ideas
- Browsing – Walk the aisles together looking at books and sharing them with each other.
- Cooking – Pick out a cookbook of cuisine you would like to try. Find a recipe you both want to try, pick up the ingredients and make it together.
- Name Game – Try and find book titles with each other’s name or nickname in it. Need some ideas? Try this list on Goodreads to help you out. The funnier or stranger the better! Also you can try and find an author with your spouse’s name, here’s a list on Goodreads.
- Acronym Game – Using your spouse’s name as an acronym find book titles that spell out attributes of your significant other. For example, I could use Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James for letter J in James because James is a just and fair person. Here’s a link on Goodreads to lists of books that start with each letter this link is to the first list A or B but all the other lists are linked there.
- Book Swap – Pick out one book you want your spouse to read. Then read each other’s book and discuss them together.
- Memory Lane – Go to the children’s section and find your favorite childhood book(s). Then read each other’s favorites.
- New Hobby – Find a topic that interests you both and learn about it together. For example, some of our favorites are cooking, hiking, nature, and history.
- Book Hunt – Have your spouse give you three words and a genre. Then using those clues find a book for them to read. You can use Google or the library’s online card catalog to point you in the right direction. For example, I googled the words murder, female, and coffee in the genre of mystery and found the book Brewing Up Murder by Neila Young.
- Foreign Film – Most libraries carry DVDs and a lot of them have a foreign film section. So pick out a movie, cuddle up at home on the couch and watch it together.
- Scavenger Hunt – Setting up a scavenger hunt in the library or bookstore would take a bit of step up and preplanning but it would be a lot of fun.
While all of these ideas are fairly inexpensive at the library some of them could get expensive at at bookstore! I love going to bookstores and perusing the shelves however our local Barnes and Noble closed a couple summers ago which is a totally bummer. For us, however these date ideas will have to be done at the library.
Do you have any library or bookstore date ideas? I would love for you to share your ideas with me too just comment with your idea below.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Marriage and Date Night Ideas? Check out my Marriage board on Pinterest.
Leave a Reply