This post, 11 Ways to Spice Things Up in the Bedroom, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ladies, since most of my readers are ladies, let’s get this out in the open right away: this post is about sex. Specifically, ways to spice things up in the bedroom. If you are uncomfortable reading about this topic, go ahead and skip it. I promise it won’t hurt my feelings. 🙂
Life it ebs and flows. Some seasons of life are busier than others. When you are in a season of raising littles, sex can easily get buried under the never ending pile of laundry. There is hope though. First, you won’t be in this season for ever. And second, you can make the decision to make sex a priority. Here are 11 surefire ways to spice things up in the bedroom.
I strongly believe that sex should never be used as a way to manipulate your husband. Don’t withhold sex if he doesn’t do what you want, and don’t have sex just to reward him for doing something for you. Use sex to grow closer to your husband and strengthen your marriage. But just because it’s good for strengthening your marriage doesn’t mean you can’t add a little spice to the mix.
11 Ways to Spice Things Up in the Bedroom
- Initiate – Take the reins and initiate sex with your husband. Don’t just wait for him to make the first move.
- How about some Sexting? – Well, you probably don’t want to send any racy pictures, but take a moment to text your man. Be a little risque, or a lot. Send your man an “I want you tonight” text and I guarantee things will get hot tonight! You could be more subtle but sometimes you just gotta be blunt and put it all out there.
- Clean up your room – You might not think of that as sexy, but a littered room isn’t very sexy. That pile of clothes on your chair? Throw it in a basket and shove it in the closet! Change the sheets, fluff the pillows, add or take away pillows and blankets as needed to make the space inviting, warm, comfortable, and as sexy as you want it to be.
- Skip the PJs – You know those baggy pants you wear with that old t-shirt? Yeah, don’t wear that! Look, I loooove my comfy pjs, but you need to break out of your comfort zone every once in awhile. Pull on your lingerie, if you have any, wear your cute matching bra and panties, wear nothing but your lace trimmed camisole, or try slipping on your husband’s button down shirt. I bet you he’ll appreciate that.
- Turn down the lights – A dimmer switch is great for this, but if you don’t have one, try draping scarves over your bedside lamps.
- Add ambience – everything looks 100% sexier in candle light. Candles are my favorite mood lights. Just lighting a candle or two totally changes the atmosphere of the room, and a scented candle can change the mood.
- Music – Playing some music can help set the tone for your night. Power up your iPod and create tonight’s playlist. There are certain songs that just make you want to sway to the music. You know which songs do it for you. Put ’em on a playlist and get to groovin’. Here’s a fun thought: if you already have a playlist, send your husband a link to the first song. He’ll get the hint.
- Get yourself ready – Take 10-15 minutes to shower, do your hair, and put on some make up. Do whatever you need to do to feel sexy. He might not notice exactly what you did, but if you’re feeling sexy and you know it, he’ll notice that, I promise you.
- Try giving a massage – Instead of jumping straight to the sex, try taking 10-15 minutes to give each other mini massages. You could keep it simple by starting at his head, (James likes his head scratched and rubbed. Don’t worry, he said I could tell.) then work your way down your man’s shoulders and back. You could make a game of it. You can draw from a hat to pick massage spots. If you’re feeling a little risque, try out some erotic dice. Just roll and rub, ladies. 😉
- Lube is your friend – Lube is a great way to add some excitement to your bedroom. Just remember a little goes a long way. I like the pureness of coconut oil but TROJAN™ Arouses & Intensifies Lubricant is very fun too!
- Positions – Sex does not have to be limited to the missionary position. I’m not saying you should try out every position in the Kama Sutra, but trying some new positions is exciting and fun. You may find a new favorite, or at least wind up with a funny story that you can’t actually tell anyone. 😉
I hope these 11 ways to spice things up in the bedroom give you some fun and healthy ways to make sex happen more often in your marriage.
What would you add to this list?
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more great marriage articles? Check out my Marriage Board on Pinterest.