My mom and I decided to throw a welcome home party for a dear friend of ours. Since we were doing an Italian dinner menu, I decided to make a tiramisu trifle that I found on Pinterest. I had to adapt it a little bit.
After I had the ingredients ready to make this trifle, I discovered that my mom gave her large trifle bowl to my cousin months ago but had forgotten! LOL! I had to improvise and the only nice, clear bowl we had between us was her large punch bowl. Unfortunately, for me after I made the trifle all our guests cancelled! This was bad because this trifle serves a good deal of people and there were only 4 of us attending.
- 2 slightly rounded tablespoons of Chocolate flavored coffee (I LOVE Gevalia’s)
- 12 oz water
- 4 cups milk
- 2 packages chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1.5 – 2 loaves pound cake
- 1 8oz bag of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups homemade whipped cream or 1 container whip cream
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries (for garnish)
- Brew coffee with water in a coffee maker.
- Mix milk, pudding, and cream cheese in a large bowl in stand mixer on medium.
- Thinly slice the pound cake and place in the bottom of the trifle bowl.
- Pour 1/4 of the coffee on the pound cake.
- Spread a 1/4 of the pudding mixture on top of the pound cake.
- Spread a 1/4 of the whip cream on top of the pudding.
- Sprinkle a generous handful or two on top of the whip cream.
- Repeat steps 3-6 3 more times ending with the whip cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder and garnish with strawberries, if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
The 4 of us who ate the trifle enjoyed it very much but it is a very rich dish and a little goes a long way with it. I think the next time I try to make this I’ll make it with a sponge cake instead because the pound cake turned mushy and maybe use less coffee. I also think this would have been better in a rectangular dish so that it would have been more like a lasagna.
Have a blessed day!
Disclaimer – The Gevalia link is my referral link for their online ordering. Each referral I send them gets a deal on coffee (or tea) and I get a free bag of coffee (or tea). If you want to order online with them please use my referral link. We LOVE their coffee (it’s much better than Starbucks and it’s cheaper too) and go through a lot of it! Thank you! Please read my disclosure policy here.