Every now and then I love an Almond Joy or Mounds Bar. Then I discovered this recipe here to make homemade coconut cups or coconut almond cups and I was hooked! These things are so delicious! I made them for a party I hosted and they were a hit!
- 8-9 oz of chocolate (any kind will work although I like dark best)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dry unsweetened coconut flakes (or you could use sweetened coconut flakes)
- Whole almonds (if you want knock-off Almond Joy Bars)
- Place 12 mini cupcake liners in a mini muffin tin.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave for 30 more seconds. Repeat until chocolate is thoroughly melted.
- Place one teaspoon of chocolate in each liner and smear around to coat the sides.
- Place pan in refrigerator so the chocolate can harden.
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut oil and coconut flakes.
- If your coconut oil is solid, microwave for a few seconds to melt it.
- Once chocolate has hardened remove pan from refrigerator.
- Place one tablespoon of coconut mixture in each liner. If making knock-off Almond Joy’s place almond on top of coconut mixture.
- Then cover with another tablespoon of chocolate.
- Place back in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes or until harden.
I just love these! They are so stinking delicious and so easy to make! If you use good quality ingredients they are not bad for you. I usually make them with dark chocolate but I did not have any on hand so I used a mixture of semisweet and milk chocolate.
Let me know how these turn out for you!
Have a blessed day!
P.S. – Next week’s recipe is also super delicious! I’ll give you a hint it involves James’ favorite thing besides me B-A-C-O-N! Yup bacon!
Please read my disclosure policy here.