One of the desserts I made for the beach themed wedding shower was these adorable oyster cookies. We found them on Pinterest of course! I did not read or look at the website the picture came from so I do not know how they made their oyster cookies. I just looked at the picture and came up with my own way.
These cookies were very simple and so much fun to make! They were almost too cute to eat! Almost! I made 21 for the shower and they were all gone before the other hostesses and I went through the line! I was so excited that everyone ate them up!
I think sugar cookies (pre-made or homemade) would be wonderful in these. I wanted uniformity in my cookies which is why I used packaged cookies.
- 2 packages of Keebler Simply Made Butter Cookies
- 1 cup of buttercream icing
- Red food coloring
- 21 yogurt covered raisins
- Thoroughly mix a couple drops of red food coloring in the buttercream icing. Repeat if necessary until you reach the desired pink color.
- Spread a layer of pink icing on the underside of one cookie. Place topside down. Repeat until all cookies have icing on them.
- Place a yogurt covered raisin on one cookie. Then prop another cookie up on the yogurt covered raisin and the bottom cookie to create an opened oyster. Repeat until all cookies have been turned into oysters!
- Makes 21 oyster cookies.
These oyster cookies would be perfect for beach themed parties, showers, or poolside soirees!
Let me know if you make them and how they turn out!
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.