Cakey loves (and I mean LOVES) these Pumpkin Spice Flax Oatmeal muffins and I love that they are so healthy for her! They are gluten free and dairy free and can be made vegan, too. I also like how easy they are to whip up.
Cakey would probably gobble up the entire batch if I let her. As it is she chows down on 2-3 of them a day! The muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
- 3 c oatmeal, separated
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 c ground flaxseed + 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c honey (or sugar if vegan)
- 2 c pure pumpkin puree*
*I used homemade pumpkin puree. If you use canned pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling I suggest reducing or even eliminating the honey.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line two muffin pans.
- In a food processor, grind 2 cups of the oatmeal until coarsely chopped.
- In a stand mixer, place both oatmeals, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum pumpkin pie spice, and salt in bowl and mix until well mingled.
- Add in flax seed, water, honey (or sugar), and pumpkin; mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 or until done.
- Makes 24 muffins.
These muffins, of course, freeze great!
I place a couple pumpkin spice flax oatmeal muffins in a few quart size freezer bags, then place those bags in a gallon size freezer bag to store in the freezer. When needed I simply pull out a quart size bag and allow to thaw on the counter.
Do you have a favorite healthy muffin recipe? Comment about it! I’m sure Cakey would love to try another recipe!
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.