We love granola bars, particularly crunchy and chewy ones. They are a quick, easy, and healthy snack or breakfast. I really love how easy they are to make. A pan of baked granola bars only takes 2 hours to make and that is including the hour and half to cool them.
I usually make these while the girls are napping. Cakey loves having a fresh granola bar for her afternoon snack! I also love the way they make house smell! So yummy!
- 3 c. Gluten Free Brown Rice Rice Krispies
- 2 c. Gluten Free Oatmeal
- 1 c. honey
- 1 c. dried apples, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×13 pan by lightly spraying with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix rice Krispies, oatmeal, and apples in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring honey and cinnamon to a boil for about a minute, stirring continuously.
- Pour honey over cereal mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Pour cereal mixture into prepared pan.
- Smoosh into place using a spatula or your hand.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Makes 16 bars.
I like to save the crumbs or any small pieces that fall off to use as a topping for yogurt, oatmeal, and ice cream. So delicious!
Have you ever made baked granola bars?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.