We love quinoa! I have been trying to come up with ways to incorporate it into more of our meals. Since quinoa is gluten free this became an even higher priority when we became gluten free.
Cakey and I really enjoyed Apple and Berries Baked Quiona and Oatmeal casserole. In fact, it lasted all week! I adapted this recipe from Joy of Kosher.
- 1 c gluten free rolled oats
- 1 c quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 c coconut milk
- 1/4 c egg beaters
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 small apples, cut into thin slices
- 1 1/2 c mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat a pan (8×8) with a little coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, mix oats, quinoa, half the walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg beaters, coconut milk, vanilla, maple syrup and liquid coconut oil.
- Place apple slices on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top with 2/3 of the mixed berries and cover with the quinoa mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients evenly over dry ingredients.
- Top with remaining berries and walnuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
This casserole keeps well in the refrigerator for about a week or at least that is how long it lasted us! Each morning I scooped out a bowl full and microwaved until heated. Then Cakey and I dug in!
What’s your favorite quinoa recipe? Share it with us!
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.