This post, 3 Meat Cauliflower Rice Jambalaya, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
While classic jambalaya is of my favorite meals to make, when I started cutting out extra carbs Cauliflower Rice Jambalaya was one of the first things I tried to make. One of my favorite things about cauliflower rice jambalaya is that you can use any meat to make it. Which means it is the perfect dish to re-purpose leftover meat.
I have made 3 Meat Cauliflower Rice Jambalaya with beef chunks, ground sausage, shrimp, pork pieces, kielbasa, and chicken. For this recipe I used leftover shredded chicken breast, andouille sausage, and beef kielbasa.
3 Meat Cauliflower Rice Jambalaya
- .25 pound leftover shredded chicken breast
- 3 oz andouille sausage about 1 link, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 oz package beef kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1.5 TBSP Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 1 each red, yellow, orange small sweet peppers, diced
- .5 large onion, diced
- 2 cups uncooked cauliflower rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in andouille and kielbasa and sprinkle in 1 TBSP of Cajun seasoning.
- Once the meat has thoroughly cooked, add in onions and peppers and shredded, cooked chicken, and sweat for about 3 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower rice and stir to combine.
- Stir in chicken stock and last half tablespoon of Cajun seasoning (if desired), bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cauliflower rice is tender.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 2-3 people
- You can substitute all meats for a one to one substitution, 1 pound for 1 pound.
- Use chunks of beef, pork, or shrimp for the chicken breast.
- Use ground beef, pork, turkey, or chicken in place the keilbasa.
- If using shrimp, add at the last 5 minutes.
- When using uncooked meat, heat up oil; add meat, Cajun seasoning, and cook thoroughly before adding vegetables.
We like our 3 Meat Cauliflower Rice Jambalaya spicy which is why I use 1.5 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning. If you do not like it as spicy use less Cajun seasoning.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more main dishes? then check out my Recipes: Main Dishes board on Pinterest!