This post, 3 Meat Jambalaya, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
We LOVE spicy food especially Cajun! The first thing I think of when I hear Cajun is jambalaya. One of my favorite things about jambalaya is that you can use any meat to make it. Which means it is the perfect dish to re-purpose leftover meat.
We have made 3 meat jambalaya with beef chunks, ground sausage, shrimp, pork pieces, kielbasa, and chicken. For this recipe I used uncooked chicken breast, andouille sausage, and beef kielbasa.
3 Meat Jambalaya
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 oz package andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 oz package beef kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3 TBSP Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 3 each red, yellow, orange small sweet peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in chicken and cook until brown on each side, stirring as needed.
- Stir in andouille and kielbasa and sprinkle in 2 TBSP of Cajun seasoning.
- Once chicken has thoroughly cooked, add in onions and peppers, and sweat for about 3 minutes.
- Add in brown rice and stir to combine.
- Stir in chicken stock and last tablespoon of Cajun seasoning (if desired), bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 4-5 people
- You can substitute all meats for a one to one substitution, 1 pound for 1 pound.
- Use chunks of beef, pork, or shrimp for the chicken breast.
- Use ground beef, pork, turkey, or chicken in place the keilbasa.
- If using shrimp, add at the last 5 minutes.
- When using leftover meat, heat up oil; add meat, Cajun seasoning, and vegetables at the same time; and continue from step 4.
We like our 3 Meat Jambalaya spicy which is why I use 3 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning. If you do not like it as spicy use less Cajun seasoning.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more main dishes? then check out my Recipes: Main Dishes board on Pinterest!