This post, Apple Blondies, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Blondies are a great alternative to brownies when you want the brownie texture but without the chocolate. And apples blondies combine spicy cinnamon with sweet butterscotch.
Apple Blondies are dense, sweet treat that is balanced by the spicy cinnamon. To make my apple blondies I use either honeycrisp or pink lady apples. But any sweet apples should work well.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl shift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla to butter mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Carefully, fold apples and butterscotch chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 9 pieces when cooled.
- Blondies can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days if covered tightly.
- Leftover blondies can be frozen if stored in an air tight container.
- Blondies can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Looking for a new soon to be favorite treat? These Apple Blondies are dense, sweet treat that is balanced by the spicy cinnamon.
These apple blondies are so good. They are a favorite treat for our family.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more desserts? Check out my Recipes: Desserts board on Pinterest.