This post, Asian Style Beef and Broccoli Over Rice, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
While I enjoy a good Asian dish, I like to try and make them a bit healthier. This Asian Style Beef and Broccoli Over Rice is delicious and can be made many different healthier ways.
Beef and broccoli can be made with white rice, brown rice, or my personal favorite cauliflower rice. I use Steak-ums because they are already cut and cook up super quick.
If going the low crab, Keto, or Trim Healthy Mama S route pair with cauliflower rice instead of rice. I would also replace the brown sugar with Truvia Brown Sugar Blend or Stevia. Another option would be to halve the brown sugar or maybe try it with coconut sugar. For a gluten free version use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
Flavorful and quick cooking Asian Style Beef and Broccoli over Rice is sure to be a family favorite. Serve it over white rice, brown rice, or cauliflower rice for a fast and healthier dinner.
Asian Style Beef and Broccoli Over Rice
- 1 lb beef Steak-ums or steak cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 cup rice (white or brown)
- 4 cups chicken stock or water
- 3 TBSP soy sauce or coconut aminos (if gluten free)
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 4 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 TBSP oil (coconut, peanut, or olive)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 TBSP fresh garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger, minced
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add Steak-ums to baking dish.
- Pour marinade over steak pieces.
- Place marinating steak in the refrigerator, allow to marinade 1-2 hours.
- In a medium pot bring the chicken stock or water to a boil.
- Add rice. And cook based on package directions.
- Steam broccoli while rice is cooking.
- Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger, stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Then add beef to skillet and stir fry until evenly browned.
- Add cooked broccoli to beef mixture and stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture to skillet and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat to low-medium and simmer until thick, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drain rice in a strainer.
- Serve 3/4 cup of rice with 3/4 cup of the beef and broccoli mixture.
Make sure you have some of the sauce in there too. 😉
The only reason the cook time is so long is because of the rice. If you use a quick cooking rice you could have dinner done in about 10 minutes! Yay!
This recipe is absolutely delicious! James has requested that we put it in the regular rotation. So I guess that makes it a winner!
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more main dishes? then check out my Recipes: Main Dishes board on Pinterest!