This is one of those happy accidents. You know when you mess up a recipe and then decide to make it work with what you got? I started out making basic cheese stuffed chicken breasts for dinner.
The problem was two-fold.
One, I had never made cheese stuffed chicken breasts, and two, I realized after I began that I did not have any toothpicks or kitchen twine.
Wrong! I had bacon thawed out in the fridge. I decided to use that to secure the chicken breasts and that was how my Bacon and Italian Cheese Wrapped Chicken Breasts were born!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Carefully slice open chicken breast. Be sure not to slice all the way through.
- Open the chicken breast and place an inch or two of shredded Italian cheese inside the breast.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around the chicken breast, beginning and ending on the same side.
- Place the side of the chicken breast with bacon ends in a baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with any remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Bacon and Italian cheese wrapped chicken breasts go great with some steamed veggies. They are also awesome on top of a big salad!
Have you ever had a recipe go wrong that ended up being right?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.