This post, Bacon Wrapped Dates, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Warning: reading this post may cause your mouth to water. Please proceed at your own risk/enjoyment. 🙂
I’m sure you already know this but when you put bacon on something it just ups the deliciousness! I mean, I haven’t found a single thing that doesn’t taste better with bacon on it. Have you? These Bacon Wrapped Dates are no exception!
Bacon Wrapped Dates make a delectable appetizer. I also love them as a snack or side dish if there are any leftover the next day! 😉
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 1 package bacon
- 1 package dates
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- If your dates are not already pitted you need to de-pit them. This is the hardest step to me because you get all sticky removing the pits. To remove the pit from the date simply slice the date open longways and pull out the pit. Then close the date.
- After all the pits are removed, cut the bacon into thirds (or halves for more bacon on each date).
- Loosely wrap one piece of bacon around a date (on the small side). Slightly overlapping the bacon on the ends is best.
- Secure by skewering with a toothpick.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Repeat until all dates and bacon have been used or until you have made as many as you want to make.
- Generously splash the balsamic vinegar over the bacon wrapped dates.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
- Using the toothpicks carefully turn the bacon wrapped dates over.
- Again, generously splash with balsamic vinegar.
- Put back in oven and bake for 10 more minutes or until the bacon is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from oven and splash again with the balsamic vinegar, if desired.
Try to place them on a serving plate before enjoying (I know it’s hard)! These are absolutely delicious straight out of the oven and after they have cooled off a bit.
You can use any bacon but I have found that the better the bacon the better the appetizer!
I mean come on peeps! What’s not to love about crispy, savory, salty bacon and sweet, chewy dates? Plus, let’s not forget the subtle sourness left by the balsamic vinegar! Mmmm! So delectable!
Do you have a favorite bacon recipe? Share it with me!
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more side dishes? Check out my Recipes: Appetizers board on Pinterest.