This post, How To Create a Custom Email Signature, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Today, I’m sharing a real quick tutorial on How To Create a Custom Email Address on cPanel and Gmail. I have been blogging for awhile now. In the beginning, one of the things that frustrated me was finding easy to understand information to help me on my blogging journey. I’m not talking about blogging courses or books that show you how to make money. I just wanted to know how to do a few “techy” things to make my blog look and run nice and smooth. My husband is pretty tech savvy and has a great tech savvy friend, both of whom have helped me do or explain in non-techy terms how to do things. I am going to share these tips with you.
A few months ago I showed you how to create a custom email address using cPanel and Gmail. Today I’m going to give you a quick tutorial on how to create an email signature. My custom email signature includes links to my blog and all my social media sites. I include all of those because then every email I send gives each person a chance to interact with me and my blog.
How to Create a Custom Email Signature for Your Blog
- Open up Gmail and locate the Settings drop down button. It has a gear icon.
- Click on the gear and scroll down to Settings.
- Click on Settings.
- General settings will open immediately.
- Scroll down to Signature. It’s the 18th item.
- Select your email address. I use the same signature for both my personal email and blog email.
- Type in your closing, name, and any links to your blog and/or social media you want.
- To make your links hyperlinks, click on the link icon.
- Fill in the Text to Display box and then fill in the Web Address Box. For instance, my social media links just say Facebook or Twitter, etc in the text to display box. But the web address box lists the actual address to take you to that accounts page like this https://www.facebook.com/PenguinsinPink
- Then click OK.
- Repeat for each blog or social account you want linked.
- Then scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.
- Next click on Accounts and Import.
- Scroll down to Send mail as. It’s the third option.
- You should see both your default Gmail account and your custom email address.
- Under When replying to a message.
- Select Reply from the same address the message was sent to. Trust me this will save you a lot of headache. 🙂
If you have a smartphone with email capabilities, I suggest you create a custom email signature for your phone too. I have an Android smartphone and was easily able to do this in the settings section on my Gmail app.
- Open up the Gmail app.
- Tap the icon that looks like 3 lines in the left-hand corner.
- Scroll down to Settings.
- Select your email address.
- Scroll down to Signature. It’s the 4th option.
- Tap on Signature and fill in your closing and any blog or social media links.
- In the Gmail app you can not create hyperlinks like we did earlier. Instead you need to list the entire web address like this https://www.facebook.com/PenguinsinPink. When you send an email it will automatically make the link a clickable hyperlink.
I hope this custom email signature tutorial helps you and saves you some headaches too. I’m working on some more tutorials for the next few months. Is there anything you would like to see?
What kinds of post would you like to see in these Blogging 101 posts?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more blogging tips? Check out my Blogging 101 Board on Pinterest!
Leave a Reply