I have recently been in a stuffed chicken breast mood. After the success of the Bacon and Italian cheese stuffed chicken breasts, I decided to try something a little more difficult: Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
I know, I know. I’m super adventurous! 🙂
Anyway, the broccoli and cheddar cheese stuffed chicken breasts turned out excellent. I also tried a different way of making them that was much easier.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or grease a baking dish if necessary.
- Slice each chicken breast into 3 cutlets.
- Place a few broccoli florets on each chicken cutlet.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold chicken around to completely cover broccoli and cheese, using toothpicks to secure if needed.
- If you have cheese left over sprinkle the cheese on top of the chicken breasts.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place chicken on baking dish and insert into oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
I think the next time I make these, I will chop the broccoli florets first. That way they end up smaller, become more tender with cooking, and fit inside the chicken better.
How do you make stuffed chicken breasts?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.