Carrot Cake Blondies with Butterscotch Drizzle have the spicy cinnamon flavor of carrot cake but the texture of brownies! Yum! I really enjoyed the dense brownie texture that these Carrot Cake Blondies have. Plus, the Butterscotch Drizzle gives the blondies the perfect sweet topping to balance out the spice of the cinnamon.
Cakey had a blast helping me make these. Of course, both the girls enjoyed eating them! They devoured them in fact!
- 1 lb carrots
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish with oil (or butter or baking spray).
- Wash, peel, and cut off ends of carrots.
- Shred carrots using a food processor or box grater. You should end up with 3 cups of carrots.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, on medium speed, cream together butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue beating on medium speed until well blended.
- Reduce speed to low and add carrots.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture.
- Stir in butterscotch chips until just mixed in.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Place pan on wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Flip onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 24 bars.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix butterscotch chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave for 1 minute, then stir.
- Microwave an additional 30 seconds as needed to melt chips. Stirring after each session.
- Use a fork to drizzle the butterscotch on top of the blondies.
- Allow drizzle to set before serving.
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.