Cheesy Onion Burger Casserole is one of our favorite Trim Healthy Mama adapted recipes. When James and I made the Cheeseburger Pie (on page 326 if your interested) out of the Trim Healthy Mama book, we thought it was okay but could use some tweaking to suit our tastes.
The original recipe calls for ingredients that are normally found on a cheeseburger but James and I are not normal cheeseburger people. We do not eat tomatoes. James does not eat pickles or mustard. I do not eat raw onions.
See? Not normal.
Anyway, we discussed what we thought would be good in the casserole and ended up with this version.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 TBSP dry onion soup mix (or one packet)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown the beef until no longer pink.
- Stir in the dry onion soup mix in with beef.
- Pour the beef into a casserole dish.
- Mix the bag of broccoli in with the onion beef mixture.
- Sprinkle 4 ounces of cheese on the beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, whip together eggs, mayo, and whipping cream.
- Pour the egg mixture over the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
When I make this for our family of four there is very little to nothing leftover. The girls really like this cheesy onion burger casserole. I think it would be just as good if not better with a bag of cauliflower mixed in, but as we all know James is not a fan of cauliflower. 😉
Have a blessed day!
Linking up here:
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.