This post, Cheesy Ranch Chicken and Potato Casserole, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Cheesy Ranch Chicken and Potato Casserole is so simple to throw together and oh so yummy! I like this casserole for many reasons but my top reason is the ingredients. Chicken, broccoli, potatoes with ranch dressing and cheese.
The casserole is full of crunchy, baked potatoes, juicy chicken, steamed broccoli smothered in ranch dressing topped with melted cheese.
Cheesy Ranch Chicken and Potato Casserole
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 TBSP garlic powder
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice the potatoes.
- Place potatoes on a greased baking dish and toss with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour and occasionally flip the potatoes over.
- While the potatoes are cooking, boil the chicken in the water until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Steam the broccoli until tender.
- Shred chicken with a fork.
- Check the potatoes with a fork to insure doneness.
- Once the potatoes are done, take them out of the oven.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, Ranch dressing, and 1/2 the cheese to the potatoes and mix well.
- Top the casserole with remaining cheese.
- Put the casserole back in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
One final reason why I like Cheesy Ranch Chicken and Potato Casserole is that it is perfect to take to potluck functions.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more main dishes? Then check out my Recipes: Main Dishes board on Pinterest!