The weekend before Easter, we had Palm Sunday brunch with some extended family. One of my second (or is it third?) cousins, made a mixed meat hash. It was really good. On the way back from brunch, my sister and I were discussing and critiquing the hash. We decided that it would be phenomenal with melted cheese and more meat.
That night for dinner I made this cheesy three meat hash. I just knew my meat and more meat and more meat loving husband would love this!
Cheesy Three Meat Hash
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1/2 lb kielbasa sausage
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 32 oz frozen hash browns
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown and crumble ground sausage in a medium frying pan.
- Drain and set aside.
- Quarter kielbasa and roughly chop bacon.
- Fry bacon in the same pan, drain, and add to sausage.
- Brown kielbasa in the frying pan.
- Drain and add to sausage.
- Fry hash browns according to package either in a fryer, like a Fry Daddy, or in the frying pan.
- Mix hash browns into meat mixture.
- Stir in half the cheese mixture.
- Pour into casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts.
I’m being totally honest here, I have never fried hash browns before. I had no idea that it was so complicated! After an hour of cooking, I still only had half a bag done. Nana took pity on me and ended up breaking out her Fry Daddy and frying the rest of the hash browns up that way. So unless you are an experienced hash brown frying in the skillet cook, I recommend using a Fry Daddy, you’ll get done soo much faster!
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.