This post, Chicken and Spinach Soup, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Chicken and Spinach Soup is a family favorite. Nothing warms you up like a hot bowl of soup, especially if that soup is Chicken and Spinach Soup which packed with vitamin-rich spinach and a hearty chicken. Chicken and Spinach soup can be adjusted for Keto, low carb, or Trim Healthy Mama. I love how simple chicken and spinach soup is to make. It is very versatile. It can be made Keto, Trim Healthy Mama S, E, and FP.
Chicken and Spinach Soup
- 1 lb pre-cooked chicken
- 64 oz homemade chicken stock
- 4-6 carrots
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 2 TBSP onion powder
- 2 TBSP garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, peel, slice carrots and put off to the side.
- Chop chicken into 1 inch bite sized pieces.
- Pour in chicken stock, chicken, carrots and all seasonings.
- Simmer on low heat for at least 3.5 hours.
- Stir in frozen spinach and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Use half the carrots if you have room for the carbs or no carrots if you don’t.
- Chicken thighs offer more fat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top.
For an S:
- No carrots
- Chicken thighs for a higher fat content.
- Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top.
For an E:
- Use chicken breast.
- Stir 1 cup of soup into 3/4 cup precooked brown rice or quinoa.
- Use about half the chicken and carrots.
- Add more chicken stock or water.
I usually make a double batch of this soup and freeze individual portions in Ball Plastic Freezer Jars. Doing this makes for quick and easy lunches.
Another thing I like about this soup is how cost effective it is. I can take leftover oven roasted chicken, chop it up and use it in the soup. I use frozen spinach because it is much cheaper to buy a huge bag of organic frozen spinach than to buy fresh.
Do you have a favorite freezer friendly soup?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more soups? Then check out my Recipes: Soup, Stew, Chili, and Chowder board on Pinterest!