This post, Chili Lime Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Roasted pumpkin seeds are one of my favorite snacks. They are great mixed in yogurt, trail mix, or just by themselves. Chili Lime Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are very simple to make. All you need is to save the pumpkin seeds from carving jack-o-lanterns and add a four pantry staples and you are good to go.
Chili lime roasted pumpkin seeds are spicy, salty, zesty, and crunchy.
Chili Lime Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
I usually prefer the salty, savory kind of pumpkin seed like my worcestershire sauce and sea salt. Or if I want a slightly sweet pumpkin seed I’ll reach for my pumpkin spice and coconut sugar. Recently, I wanted some with a bit of a kick so I made these chili lime roasted pumpkin seeds.
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with either parchment paper or by lightly oiling.
- In a strainer, wash pumpkin seeds to remove pulp from the pumpkin.
- Pat dry with paper towels or spread out on a kitchen towel and allow to air dry.
- After drying, place pumpkin seeds in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix melted coconut oil, chili powder, lime juice, lime zest, and sea salt.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry pumpkin seeds and toss to combine.
- Spread pumpkin seeds on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir, and then bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Bump the oven temperature up to 325 degrees and bake for 5 minutes to get them nice an crispy.
Let cool before enjoying!
- If not vegan or dairy free, butter can be used.
My Chili Lime Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are perfect when you need a spicy snack. They travels well in zip top bags or containers with lids. Chili Lime Roasted Pumpkin Seeds makes a great snack for hiking, movies, or traveling in the car.
Have you ever made roasted pumpkin seeds? How do you make it?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more snack recipes? Check out my Recipes: Snacks board on Pinterest.