This post, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Butternut Squash Muffins, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Butternut Squash Muffins are so flavorful, moist, and just plan yummy! They are the perfect kid-friendly food. Two of my favorite things about these chocolate chocolate chip muffins are that they have butternut squash in them and that they have two kinds of chocolate in them too.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Butternut Squash Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 TBSP vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1.5 cups mashed butternut squash
- Stem and mash the butternut squash. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease or line muffin pan.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cocoa together in a bowl.
- In a stand mixer, beat eggs, sugar, coconut oil, butternut squash, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture.
- Pour in chocolate chips and beat well.
- Using a 2-inch ice cream scoop, place one scoop in each muffin well.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Makes about 12 muffins.
- You can substitute butter or any other oil if you prefer.
- I use frozen cubed butternut squash to whip these muffins up super fast.
- You can substitute brown sugar, coconut sugar, or honey if you prefer.
- Place completely cooled chocolate chocolate chip muffins in an airtight container or zip top bag.
- Store on the counter for up to 4 days. This is only a guess as to how long the muffins can be stored on the counter. I usually freeze most of mine and only remove what we need for two days at a time.
- Place muffins on wire rack directly into the freezer.
- Flash freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove muffins and place into zip top freezer safe bags.
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Thaw on the counter for a couple of hours or microwave for a few seconds to defrost.
My girls love these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Butternut Squash Muffins. They eat them for breakfast or snacks, usually about once or twice a week. I love that they are eating butternut squash and enjoying it!
Do you have a kid-friendly muffin recipe? Share your recipe in the comment section below!
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Muffin Recipes? Then you need to check out my Recipes: Breakfast board on Pinterest!