These chocolate pumpkin spice granola bars are packed with healthy whole grains, delicious pumpkin, and no added sugar! Cakey just gobbles them up! They freeze very well. If you desire, you can reduce the oats by a ¼ cup and add in ¼ cup of wheat germ, ground flax seed, or wheat bran.
- 3 cups Whole Grain Brown Rice Rice Krispies
- 2 cups oatmeal (quick oats, rolled oats, old fashioned all work fine)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of honey
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine first 2 ingredients in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, cook honey and pumpkin pie spice over medium-low heat until mixture comes to a boil for 30-60 seconds.
- Reduce heat to low and add in pumpkin and stir until well combined.
- Remove from heat and pour over dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Press into a greased 9×13 pan and let cool a couple of hours before cutting into bars.
Makes 24 bars.
**If you do not want your chocolate chips to melt, allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes before adding the chips.
I love how healthy and tasty this chocolate pumpkin spice granola bars are. Cakey loves them and just gobbles them up! Does your family like granola bars?
Have a blessed day!
Linking up here:
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.