If you are looking for wholesome cranberry-orange muffins that smells amazing while baking this is it! James loves it when I make a new batch because the cinnamon orange aroma is intoxicating. I really enjoy having it wafting through the air.
Two of my favorite things about these cranberry-orange muffins are that they have zucchini in them and that they are not overtly sweet. I think using unsweetened cranberries has a lot to do with that and also gauging the sugar amount to suit your tastes. While I have not tried it, yet, honey would probably be a pretty good replacement for the sugar if you desired.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 TBSP orange zest
- 1 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten free All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- Place 1 cup dried cranberries in a small bowl and cover with 1 cup orange juice. Set off to the side.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin pan.
- Mix flour, oats, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and orange zest together in a bowl.
- In a stand mixer, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture.
- Pour in orange juice and cranberries and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini until well combined.
- Using a 2-inch ice cream scoop, place one scoop in each muffin well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
My girls love these Cranberry-Orange Zucchini muffins. They eat them for breakfast or snacks, usually about once or twice a week. I love that they are eating zucchini and enjoying it! Even James, an avowed zucchini-hater, admits that these are pretty tasty. If they can make him a believer, they might be able to pull off other miracles.
Do you have a kid-friendly muffin recipe? Share your recipe in the comment section below!
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.