This post, Cream Cheese Chicken Pockets, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Cream Cheese Chicken Pockets are packed with cheesy chicken in a delicious flaky crust. They are so simple and easy to make. They make a perfect appetizer!
Like many young girls my first job was babysitting for my mom’s friends and co-workers. I had one family that I babysat for all the time. I was at their house so often I felt like I lived there sometimes. 🙂 They eventually became my friends, too. Later in life, I went on to work under my friend in her section of the IT department.
Sometime during our many years of friendship she made these tasty chicken pockets and gave me her recipe. I have tweaked her recipe some over the years until I landed on our favorite version.
Cream Cheese Chicken Pockets
- 1 (10 oz) can of chicken breast
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of oil (olive oil, butter, or bacon grease all work well)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place oil in a pan and heat over medium heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Open and drain canned chicken.
- Place the chicken, cream cheese, onion, and garlic powder in a medium size mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Open both cans of crescent rolls and unroll the crescent roll dough.
- Pick up one triangle of crescent roll dough and place one heaping tablespoon of the chicken cream cheese mixture in the center of the triangle.
- Carefully, fold the ends of the triangle over the chicken cream cheese mixture.
- Then place the crescent on a cookie sheet. Repeat until all crescents and chicken cream cheese mixture have been used.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the crescents are a nice golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Makes 16 pockets.
- Use a stand mixer to blend everything together easier.
- Switch out plain cream cheese with garden vegetable or chive and onion flavored cream cheese.
- For an added kick add in a bit of crushed red pepper or a couple of splashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- Chopped and sauteed bell peppers are also fantastic in these.
- Substitute leftover chopped up oven roasted chicken for the canned chicken.
Cream cheese chicken pockets make a great appetizer, snack, or even dinner. I often make them for football games, parties, or other gatherings.
If you have leftovers refrigerate them. The next day just pop them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to warm them up. This recipe is easily doubled for a larger crowd.
This is one of my go-to recipes for a quick crowd pleaser. What’s your go-to crowd pleaser?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more side dishes? Check out my Recipes: Appetizers board on Pinterest.