I know it only takes about an hour to make classic beef stroganoff but sometimes you just don’t have the time. Making Crock-pot Beef Stroganoff allows dinner to be done in the time it takes to cook the rice or noodles.
James does not like mushrooms so we do not put mushrooms into our beef stroganoff. I have included an option for adding mushrooms if you like at the end.
- 1.5 lb of sirloin steak, stew meat, London broil, etc. Cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce or Coconut aminos (if gluten free)
- 1 cup strong beef stock or 2 cubes beef bouillon + 1 cup of water
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper both sides of meat
- Brown both sides of the meat in a frying pan over medium-high heat
- Place meat into Crock-pot
- Mix together next 5 ingredients together
- Pour over meat
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours
- 10 minutes before serving, stir in Greek yogurt
Serve over white or brown rice or your favorite gluten free noodles. Sometimes we like ours with a little bit of Italian cheese on it.
For traditional beef stroganoff mix in about 2 1/2 cups of mushrooms in with the other ingredients in the Crock-pot.
Don’t want to cook the meat first? Increase the cook time in the Crock-pot to 7-8 hours on low.
You can use regular flour and regular noodles in place of the gluten free ones.
We love the richness of flavor that using Stonyfield Farms Organic Greek Yogurt adds to this dish. I have also found that by using a good quality organic, grass-fed beef like Laura’s Lean Beef I can actually use less and we all still feel satisfied. This in turn allows us to save money! 🙂
Add your favorite vegetable or a tossed salad on the side for a great dinner in no time. Next time you want a comfort meal without all the hassle I hope you give this Crock-pot Beef Stroganoff a try. Share your thoughts on this recipe in the comment sections below.
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.