This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
I love just about everything pumpkin especially pumpkin pie! I look forward to fall just to break out all the delicious pumpkin recipes. Although, I often make many pumpkin recipes through out the year when fall comes around I want to make them all!
Two things that really make this deep dish pumpkin pie spectacular are using heavy whipping cream and homemade pumpkin pie seasoning. The heavy whipping cream makes the pumpkin pie so velvety and creamy. While the homemade pumpkin pie seasoning will add more spiciness and depth to the pie.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 30 oz homemade pumpkin puree or 2 cans
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp homemade pumpkin pie seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place pie crust into deep dish pie pan and form to pan. If you are using store bought crust you might need to add a bit from the second crust in the pack to make cover the entire pan.
- In a stand mixer beat eggs until blended together.
- Add in remaining ingredients beating on low-medium until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Place in center of oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 50-60 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to touch about 1 hour, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Deep dish pumpkin pie while scrumptious on its own is simply divine when topped with homemade whipped cream!
Usually, I make two pumpkin pies each Thanksgiving and Christmas this year I just made one deep dish pumpkin pie. My first thought on making a deep dish pumpkin pie was that there would be less crust and way more pumpkin! Personally, I do not care for crust which is why I love this deep dish pumpkin pie. I can easily scrape the delicious pumpkin pie off the crust and because it is so deep I don’t miss the little bit that stays on the crust. 😉
How do you like your pumpkin pie?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.