This post, Dinosaur Nests, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
I recently found a bag of dinosaur marshmallows from Jet-Puffed. My dino-loving kids were so excited for them. On the back of the bag was a recipe for dinosaur nests that we decided to try.
I didn’t have the exact ingredients listed on the back of the bag so I made some substitutions and changed the recipe to work with what I had.
If you’ve got a dino-loving kid then you have to try these Dinosaur Nests. They are a fun, sweet snack filled with dinosaur shaped marshmallows and jelly beans for eggs.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cups Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows
- Jelly beans
- Jet-Puffed Dinosaur Marshmallows
- Put paper liners into a muffin pan.
- In a glass bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butterscotch chips on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir.
- Continue microwaving for 30 seconds increments stirring after each until the chips are melted.
- Stir in mini marshmallows until melted and smooth.
- Mix in chow mein noodles until completely coated. Mixture will be sticky.
- Spoon noodle mixture into muffin tins. About 2 tablespoons worth.
- Push the noodle mixture down and up the sides of each muffin cup.
- Place muffin pan in fridge. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove from fridge and remove each dinosaur nest from the paper liners.
- Fill each nest with jelly beans and marshmallow dinosaurs.
Adapted from Jet-Puffed Dinosaur Marshmallow bag.
Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.
Dinosaur nest are such a fun snack. Plus they are so good. The kids loved them and wanted to gobble them up.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more snack recipes? Check out my Recipes: Snacks board on Pinterest.