This post, DIY Grinchmas Banner, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Last year I threw a Grinch-mas party. I had lots of fun coming up decorations, games, and food. And I’m super excited to start sharing them with you. At the bottom of the post you will find links to all the other posts.
The DIY Grinchmas Banner is super cute and easy to make. It can be hung up like garland or to decorate a table. It can also be used as a backdrop for a photo-booth.
DIY Grinchmas Banner
- Dr. Seuss Bulletin Board Letters
- Lime green ribbon (Michael’s)
- Lime green tulle pom poms (pre-made or make your own)
- Craft glue
- Lay out the Dr. Seuss bulletin board letters to spell out “Merry Grinchmas”.
- Decide how long your banner needs to be and roll out your ribbon to that length. Mine was 6 feet.
- Place the letters on to the ribbon and adjust as needed to get the spacing right.
- Use craft glue to glue the letters in place.
- Allow the banner to dry.
- Then tie the tulle pom poms to each end.
- Or hang the tulle pom poms around the banner for a photo booth backdrop.
- Oriental Trading Company has a lot of great Dr. Seuss and Grinch things like letters and tulle pom poms that can be used for the banner.
- A ruler will help make sure your letters are evenly spaced.
Photo booth idea:
- Hang the Grinchmas banner in front of a plain wall.
- Because of our limited space we had to cover stuff to make a plain wall. Originally we were going to use wrapping paper for the background but it created glares when we took pictures. We covered our wall with a green table cloth instead.
- Party City has great Grinch photo booth props.
While I used this for a Grinchmas party it would be wonderful at any Dr. Seuss themed party. By making it on ribbon, the banner can be folded moved or stored which makes it a great idea for school or club parties.
For more Grinchmas fun and ideas check out these posts:
- Grinchmas Activities Printables
- Poke a Who Tree Grinchmas Game
- Who Inspired Ornament Grinchmas Craft
- DIY Pin the Heart on the Grinch Grinchmas Game
- Grinchmas Activity Book Cover
- Grinchmas Food Ideas and Free Printables
- Printable Grinchmas Invitation
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more fun holiday fun? Check out my Christmas & Winter board on Pinterest.