So if I’m being completely honest with you and myself, I often forget to clean the microwave. Out of sight, out of mind. That closed door hides so much. I mean seriously so much. I let it go for what seems like forever before I finally get around to cleaning the microwave. Since I often let it go for so long, I had to find an easy way to clean a microwave because I do not want to have to scrub and scrub and scrub. And scrub some more.
- Wet the washcloth down with water. You’ll want it pretty wet but not soaking and dripping.
- Microwave the washcloth for 2-3 minutes. If your microwave is particularly bad, you could microwave for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the glass trivet and any other removable parts.
- Wipe the microwave down with the washcloth. It will be HOT.
- Once all the food splatters are removed, spray down the inside of the microwave with the disinfectant.
- Wipe the microwave down with the washcloth.
- Hand wash and dry the glass trivet and any other removable parts. Or you can wash them in the dishwasher.
- Place the glass trivet and any other removable parts back in the microwave.
- Spray the outside of the microwave down with the disinfectant.
- Wipe the outside of the microwave down with a washcloth.
Alternatively, you can microwave a bowl of water and then wipe it down.
The steam that the wet washcloth creates really loosens the food stuck to the surface, which saves me from having to scrub too much. And now… I’m off to clean my microwave… again.
Fess up! How often do you clean the microwave? How do you clean the microwave?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Linking up here: