I have always liked cauliflower. James has always hated it. Since we have been kinda following the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle I was able to convince him to try cauliflower again.
I made regular mashed cauliflower and served pot roast on top of it. I thought it was delicious! James did not.
I decided to try spicing up the cauliflower and adding some zip to it. Again, I thought it was awesome and he thought it was not.
Oh well! You win some, you lose some!
I still really like my easy mashed cauliflower and make it once or twice a week. James usually has broccoli instead. 🙂
- 1 bag cauliflower
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 TBSP heavy cream
- Steam cauliflower until tender.
- Place cauliflower in food processor with butter, salt, pepper, and heavy cream.
- Pulse until creamy.
Cheesy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower:
- 2-3 TBSP garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Add garlic powder and shredded cheese to the cauliflower while pulsing. Yum. Simply delicious!
Ranch Mashed Cauliflower:
- 2-3 TBSP dry Ranch mix
- or 4-6 TBSP Ranch dressing and skip the heavy cream
- Add dry Ranch (or use Ranch dressing and skip the heavy cream) mix while pulsing. Another super yummy side dish.
Have you tried mashed cauliflower? What’s your opinion on it?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.