This post, Easy Paleontologist Costumes, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This Easy Paleontologist Costumes is super cute and simple to make. Firstly the base of the costume is made with a t-shirt and cargo pants. I tried to use materials that we had at home for the costume i.e. t-shirts and pants. Then added a few key items to give the costume more character.
This easy paleontologist costume is super cute and easy to make. The base of the costume is made with items you probably have on hand like cargo pants, t-shirt, and hiking shoes.
Easy Paleontologist Costume
Base of the costume:
- Cargo pants or shorts
- Hiking boot or tennis shoes
The key pieces are optional but really bring the costume together. Some of these pieces can be found with other costumes or dress up items. While others can be used from craft or school supplies. For example, I found the kids vests and hats at Target a couple of years ago and they play with them often. Similarly, I picked up some different hats at the Dollar Tree and they get abused but still work!
Key pieces to add:
- Paint brush
- Magnifying glass
- Small notebook and pencil/pen
- Small flashlight
- ID card or name badge/tag
- Make an ID card out of an index card. Firstly tape a small portrait picture to the card. Next add a name like “Dr. Child’s name” and a job title like “Paleontologist”. Also add a place of employment like a museum. For example ours said Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.
- Clip the ID card to a lanyard.
- Conversely make a name badge/tag out of a label. Write the name, job title, and place of employment.
Assemble the paleontologist costume:
- Get dressed wearing shirt, pants, socks, and shoes.
- Add vest and hat to outfit.
- Put tools on vest or in the side pants pockets.
- Hang lanyard around neck or stick name tag to vest.
Cakey loved this costume for Career Day at school. And I did too!
The kids love dinosaurs. As a result they love to play paleontologist and hunt for dinosaur bones. Every time they head out to explore they wear some version of this costume. The girls have been known to wear some version of the costume whenever we head to museums too.
Be sure to stop by my DIY page where I link all my DIY projects.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more fun Crafts? Check out my DIY & Crafts board on Pinterest.