I decided to make a pound cake to use in my Tiramisu Trifle. I found this Two Step Pound Cake recipe on Pinterest. The recipe was truly simple to make. I, of course, altered it a bit. I’m sure I’ll use it again the next time I need a pound cake.
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, mix flour and sugar.
- In a microwave bowl or 4 cup measuring cup add butter and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Once the butter is softened add remaining ingredients and stir until lightly combined.
- After the flour and sugar are well combined add in the liquid ingredients.
- Beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Scrap the sides of the bowl and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes in the pans.
- Then invert onto cooling racks to cool completely.
Mine actually took almost 2 hours to bake. I do not personally like pound cakes but this one turned out very nice. James said it was moist, a little crumbly, thick and moderately sweet.
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.