This post, Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
The Egg Carton Craft for Kids is perfect for spring and summer time. They are simple and fun to make. The flowers are perfect for kids to make and give away. The girls choose every aspect of the flower from painting and color of the pom pom.
Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
- Egg Cartons
- Pom poms
- Green paper straws
- Craft Paint
- Hot glue and glue sticks
An adult should cut out the egg carton pieces.
- Cut the egg carton in half.
- On the section that holds the eggs, cut out one section of 4 egg holes including one divider. The girls decided this one looks like a hibiscus.
- Cut out one section of 4 egg holes an one divider. Then cut the divider out and trim the egg holes to look like flower petals.
- To make a tulip, cut out 4 egg holes including the dividers. Cut each egg hole out with a piece of the divider. After painting you would stack the pieces together to create a tulip.
- To make a rose, cut the border along the lid of the egg carton. After painting you would roll it up around the paper straw.
- Take a cut out egg carton piece and paint as desired.
- Allow the paint to dry then apply a second coat.
- After the paint has dried completely, use hot glue or regular glue to attach a pompom in the middle.
- Use hot glue to attach a paper straw to the back of the flower.
- For tulips, assemble the pieces and apply glue in between each one to keep them together.
- Cut a 1/4 inch on the inside of the straw on both sides.
- Fold the pieces of the straw out and hot glue them to the bottom of the tulip.
- For the rose, place a drop of hot glue on the top of the straw and place it on one end in the middle.
- Begin rolling up the rose placing a drop of glue as needed to help hold it together. At the end place another drop of hot glue.
The kids can give out individual Egg Carton Flowers or glue them in plastic cups or containers for pretty arrangements. These would make great gifts for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparents Day, a birthday or any other special occasion.
Be sure to stop by my Kids Crafts page where I will be linking all our crafts.
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Kids Crafts ideas? Check out my Kids Crafts board on Pinterest.