This post, Exfoliating Coffee Scrub, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
I love a good exfoliate! What I don’t love is spending a lot of money on one. I also love to upcycle and reuse things as much as possible. That way I get the most bang for my buck. My Exfoliating Coffee Body Scrub hits both those nails.
I have been making my exfoliating coffee body scrub for a few years now. I love how economical it is. By saving my used coffee grounds each time I make coffee and reusing them to make this scrub it costs just pennies to make.
Exfoliating Coffee Body Scrub
- 1 cup used coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup oil (olive, sunflower, etc)
- Each morning empty your used coffee grounds into an open container. Allow to dry. Every evening stir up the grounds so that all the grounds get dry. Continue adding coffee grounds each day until you have enough. Just make sure you mix it up everyday.
- Place 1 cup of coffee grounds in desired container.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive or sunflower oil and mix well.
I have used both olive oil and sunflower oil and love them both.
- Store in shower in a plastic container and use 2-3 times a week.
- Avoid sensitive areas like face and neck.
- I recommend storing in a plastic container because if you drop it, it will not break.
- Also, olive or sunflower oil is excellent for your skin but remember it is an oil so be careful your shower floor could become slippery!
- If at anytime the scrub seems to be too dry, add in some more olive or sunflower oil 1 TBSP at a time.
I love this scrub! It makes my skin feel so soft and is great at exfoliating those rough, dry spots like knees, elbows, and feet! Plus, it smells wonderful, it’s like having a second cup of coffee without all the extra calories!
Be sure to stop by my DIY page where I link all my DIY projects.
Do you have a fun upcycle or reuseable recipe?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more fun DIY’s? Check out my DIY & Crafts board on Pinterest!