This post, Gluten Free Baked Berry Quinoa and Oatmeal, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Gluten Free Baked Berry Quinoa and Oatmeal is a wholesome breakfast casserole.
Recently, I discovered the deliciousness of quinoa flakes. We happen to enjoy quinoa occasionally instead of rice with our dinners. But with quinoa flakes I can use them in our breakfast or snacks and no one notices. They have a similar look and texture to oatmeal. Which is great when dealing with picky kids who complain about everything even if it is something they have had before and liked! I have been trying to come up with ways to incorporate quinoa or quinoa flakes into more of the kids’ meals.
Gluten Free Baked Berry Quinoa and Oatmeal
The kids love oatmeal and often request it for breakfast. When I whipped up this Baked Berry Quiona and Oatmeal casserole they loved it. In fact, it lasted all week! I adapted this recipe from Joy of Kosher.
- 1 c gluten free rolled oats
- 1 c quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 c milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 c mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat a pan (8×8) with a little butter or oil.
- In a small bowl, mix oats, quinoa flakes, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, melted butter.
- Place 2/3 of the mixed berries on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Cover with the quinoa mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients evenly over dry ingredients.
- Top with remaining berries.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- To make Gluten Free Baked Berry Quinoa and Oatmeal casserole dairy free, simple substitute the butter for coconut oil and the milk for either almond milk or coconut milk. I have made the casserole dairy free using the suggestion above and it comes out great!
- You can also add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds for added protein, healthy fats, and flavor. I don’t usually add them because the girls always pick the nuts out.
This Gluten Free Baked Berry Quinoa and Oatmeal casserole keeps well in the refrigerator for about a week or at least that is how long it lasted us! I just reheated a serving at a time in the microwave.
What’s your favorite quinoa recipe? Share it with us!
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Then you need to check out my Recipes: Breakfast board on Pinterest!