This post, Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins are light and moist while being big on flavor. They are jam packed with bananas and chopped walnuts.
Banana nut muffins have always been a favorite of mine. The girls and James don’t like nuts so I usually make half with nuts and half without nuts.
The girls love muffins. I love that when I make homemade muffins I know they are healthier for them. I also like how easy they are to whip up. The girls would probably gobble up the entire batch if I let them. As it is they chow down on them as soon as they come out of the oven! Gluten Free Banana Nut muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups gluten free flour* See notes below
- 3 tsp xanthan gum* See notes below
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 6 TBSP milk
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare two muffin pans by lining with cupcake liners.
- Mash bananas.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, bananas, and vanilla to butter mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, shift together dry ingredients.
- Add about half the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Stir in half the milk to the butter mixture.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and blend well.
- Stir in remaining milk.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts
- Using a 3 inch scoop, scoop out one scoop into each muffin tin.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
Makes approximately 24 muffins
- I use Better Batter’s gluten free flour for all my baking and it already contains xanthan gum. If your gluten free flour does not, and most don’t, you’ll need to add 3 tsp of xanthan gum to the ingredients.
- Place completely cooled gluten free banana nut muffins in an airtight container or zip top bag.
- Store on the counter for up to 4 days. This is only a guess as to how long the muffins can be stored on the counter. I usually freeze most of mine and only remove what we need for two days at a time.
- Place muffins on wire rack directly into the freezer.
- Flash freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove muffins and place into zip top freezer safe bags.
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Thaw on the counter for a couple of hours or microwave for a few seconds to defrost.
I made these gluten free banana nut muffins with regular sugar. You can substitute brown sugar, coconut sugar, or honey if you prefer.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy bananas?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Muffin Recipes? Then you need to check out my Recipes: Breakfast board on Pinterest!