This post, Gluten Free Carrot Date Muffins, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Gluten Free Carrot Date Muffins are big on flavor while being healthy. They are also dairy free and vegan, too. These muffins are jammed packed with carrots, chopped dates, and a combination of coconut flour and gluten free all-purpose flour.
The girls love muffins. I love that when I make homemade muffins I know they are healthier for them. I also like how easy they are to whip up. The girls would probably gobble up the entire batch if I let them. As it is they chow down on them as soon as they come out of the oven! Gluten Free Carrot Date muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Gluten Free Carrot Date Muffins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 3/4 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a stand mixer, beat eggs, coconut oil, water, and coconut sugar.
- Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture and combine until well moistened.
- Stir in carrots and dates.
- Using a 3 inch scoop, scoop out one scoop into each muffin tin.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
Makes approximately 12 muffins.
- I use Better Batter’s gluten free flour for all my baking and it already contains xanthan gum. If your gluten free flour does not, and most don’t, you’ll need to add 1 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum to the ingredients.
- Place completely cooled gluten free carrot date muffins in an airtight container or zip top bag.
- Store on the counter for up to 4 days. This is only a guess as to how long the muffins can be stored on the counter. I usually freeze most of mine and only remove what we need for two days at a time.
- Place muffins on wire rack directly into the freezer.
- Flash freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove muffins and place into zip top freezer safe bags.
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Thaw on the counter for a couple of hours or microwave for a few seconds to defrost.
I made these gluten free carrot date muffins with coconut sugar because we have been trying it out in different recipes. You can substitute brown sugar or honey if you prefer. I found that the girls and I really enjoy the subtle hint of coconut flavor from the coconut sugar and flour in these gluten free carrot date muffins.
Do you have a favorite healthy muffin recipe? Comment about it! I’m sure the girls would love to try another recipe!
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Muffin Recipes? Then you need to check out my Recipes: Breakfast board on Pinterest!