In all my gluten free baking escapades my chocolate chip cookies never turn out right. Now my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies always turn out great but the regular ones just do not work out.
That’s why I was so excited when I finally got the recipe right!
I think the big key step was freezing the cookies for 45 – 60 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter, vanilla, and sugar.
- On low speed slowly mix in eggs, beating well between each addition.
- Gradually add in flour mixture, allowing flour to completely combine before adding more flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out rounded dough.
- Place on baking stone or sheet 2 inches apart.
- Freeze for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheet and place on wire rack.
- Allow to cool.
Makes 24 cookies.
Side note if you are going to use an unglazed stone baking sheets you can not put them from freezer to oven. They have to warm up to room temperature before going in the oven.
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.