This post, Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
While I enjoy oatmeal raisin cookies the kids feel they are getting tricked. So instead of oatmeal raisin I make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Raisin and every one is happy. The cookies are soft and chewy in the middle.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup gluten free chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter, soften
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour *See notes below
- 1 tsp xanthan gum *See notes below
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add the egg, water, and vanilla; stir until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; then stir in oatmeal.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, stirring until combined.
- Gently fold in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1.5 inch cookie scoop, scoop out cookies and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 2 minutes on the cookie sheets before moving them to cooling racks to finish cooling.
Makes 6 dozen cookies.
- I use Better Batter’s gluten free flour for all my baking and it already contains xanthan gum. If your flour does not, and most don’t, you’ll need to add 1 tsp of xanthan gum to the ingredients.
This dough does freeze well. I often double the recipe and freeze half of it.
What’s your favorite cookie recipe?
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more desserts? Check out my Recipes: Desserts board on Pinterest.