This post, Gluten Free Pumpkin Flax Seed Oatmeal Muffins, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Cakey and Doodles love (and I mean LOVE) these Gluten Free Pumpkin Flax Seed Oatmeal muffins and I love that they are so healthy for them! Gluten Free Pumpkin Flax Seed Oatmeal muffins are dairy free and egg free and can be made vegan, too.
I also like how easy they are to whip up. The girls would probably gobble up the entire batch if I let them. As it is they chow down on them as soon as they come out of the oven! Gluten Free Pumpkin Flax Seed Oatmeal muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Flax Seed Oatmeal Muffins
- 3 c oatmeal, separated
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 c ground flax seed + 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c honey (or sugar if vegan)
- 2 c pure pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line two muffin pans.
- In a food processor, grind 2 cups of the oatmeal until coarsely chopped.
- In a stand mixer, place both oatmeals, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in bowl and mix until well mingled.
- Add in flax seed, water, honey (or sugar), and pumpkin; mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Using an 2 inch scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 or until done.
Makes 18 muffins.
- Place completely cooled gluten free pumpkin flax seed oatmeal muffins in an airtight container or zip top bag.
- Store on the counter for up to 4 days. This is only a guess as to how long the muffins can be stored on the counter. I usually freeze most of mine and only remove what we need for two days at a time.
- Place muffins on wire rack directly into the freezer.
- Flash freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove muffins and place into zip top freezer safe bags.
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Thaw on the counter for a couple of hours or microwave for a few seconds to defrost.
Do you have a favorite healthy muffin recipe? Comment about it! I’m sure the girls would love to try another recipe!
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more Muffin Recipes? Then you need to check out my Recipes: Breakfast board on Pinterest!