This post, Gluten Free Spaghetti Pie, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Gluten Free Spaghetti Pie is one of my go-to weeknight meals. It does not require a lot of ingredients and most of the ingredients are staples in the house anyway. We first had spaghetti pie right after Cakey was born when my mom made it for us.
I adapted the original recipe that my mom gave me to fit our gluten free lifestyle and make it a bit healthier. Gluten Free Spaghetti Pie makes 3 pie dishes and is the perfect freezer friendly meal.
Gluten Free Spaghetti Pie
- 1.5 packages gluten free spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound bulk sausage (pork or turkey work well or a mixture of both)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 – 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (green, red, yellow, or orange), chopped
- 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain and place in a large bowl, add eggs and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer to 3 greased 9-inch pie plates.
- Press mixture onto bottom and sides to form a crust. This is very messy but totally worth it. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onions, garlic, and peppers in butter until tender.
- Remove from heat and pour into bowl.
- Add in Greek yogurt, Italian seasoning, spaghetti sauce and mix well.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain and mix into spaghetti sauce mixture.
- Spoon into crusts (I use a measuring cup to make sure each pie gets the same amount).
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake one pie for 35 – 40 minutes or until heated fully. Freeze additional pies.
- Wrap other two pies tightly with a couple layers of plastic wrap and one layer of aluminum foil then freeze.
- Label with date made or use by date.
- They can be frozen for up to 2 -3 months (I have only left mine in for 2 months so I’m really not sure about the length of time).
- Thaw frozen pie completely in the refrigerator, usually overnight.
- Then bake at 350 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes or until heated fully.
Yield is 3 pies with 6 servings per pie.
Have you ever made gluten free spaghetti pie?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more dinner recipes? Check out my Recipes: Main Dishes board on Pinterest.