This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Oh boy! Did anyone else just picture Mickey Mouse? Because I sure did. 🙂 Anyway, I have a treat for you guys!
Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler.
Just let that sink in a bit. It is sooo good.
Let me take you back to how this cobbler came about. I stopped at my favorite discount grocery store for my once a month stock up and noticed that they had strawberries. Granted we did not need strawberries as we had two gallon freezer bags of dehydrated strawberries and a dozen or more quarts of frozen strawberry sauce. Plus, two gallon freezer bags of frozen quartered strawberries. So, no, we did not need them.
But we did have over an hour’s drive home and the girls and I were getting hungry. So I picked up a couple 32 oz cartons. By the next day the strawberries were getting to that “You better use ’em or you’re going to lose ’em” stage. I pulled out the cream cheese and decided to try my hand at making a gluten free strawberry cream cheese cobbler.
Cobbler had been on my mind for a while although I had never made one. Looking at the strawberries and cream cheese I knew the two flavors combined would make an awesome, yet easy cobbler.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Better Batter Gluten Free All purpose flour* (see notes below)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave and pour into bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Mix milk, flour (and xanthan gum see notes below), sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Pour batter over the butter in the baking dish.
- Arrange strawberry pieces over dough in the baking dish.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar together.
- Dollop cream cheese mixture around strawberries.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
- Do not mix dough over strawberries or cream cheese. The dough will bubble up over them as it bakes.
- I use Better Batter’s gluten free flour for all my baking and it already contains xanthan gum. If your flour does not, and most don’t, you’ll need to add 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum to the ingredients and beat for a few minutes.
- Dust cobbler with powdered sugar before cutting.
- Top each piece with homemade whipped cream and garnish with fresh strawberries.
Gluten Free Strawberry cream cheese cobbler is perfect for brunches, afternoon teas, or wedding and baby showers. I like to make it for late weekend breakfasts. Okay, you caught me, I actually made this one for dinner one night when James was away. 😉
Have you ever made cobbler? What’s your favorite flavor to make?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.