This post, Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Oh boy! Did anyone else just picture Mickey Mouse? Because I sure did. 🙂 Anyway, I have a treat for you guys! Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler. Just let that sink in a bit. It is sooo good.
Just picture it. Creamy, velvety cream cheese and sweet, juicy strawberries wrapped up in a light, crispy crust topped with powdered sugar and homemade whipped cream. Yeah, it’s heavenly and oh so delicious.
Do you need a minute? Cuz I need a minute. I want to make this right now! And I just had it, recently. 🙂 Anyway, on to the recipe!
Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Better Batter Gluten Free All purpose flour* (see notes below)
- 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum * (see notes below)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave and pour into bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Mix milk, flour (and xanthan gum if needed), sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Pour batter over the butter in the baking dish.
- Arrange strawberry pieces over dough in the baking dish.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar together.
- Dollop cream cheese mixture around strawberries.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
- Do not mix dough over strawberries or cream cheese. The dough will bubble up over them as it bakes.
- I use Better Batter’s gluten free flour for all my baking and it already contains xanthan gum. If your flour does not, and most don’t, you’ll need to add 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum to the ingredients and beat for a few minutes.
- Dust cobbler with powdered sugar before cutting.
- Top each piece with homemade whipped cream and garnish with fresh strawberries.
Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler is perfect for brunches, afternoon teas, or wedding and baby showers. I like to make it for late weekend breakfasts. Okay, you caught me, I actually made this one for dinner one night when James was working late. 😉
Have you ever made cobbler? What’s your favorite flavor to make?
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more dessert recipes? Check out my Recipes: Desserts board on Pinterest.