This post, Ham, Veggie, and Hashbrown Casserole, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ham, Veggie, and Hashbrown casserole is one of my go-to weeknight meals. It does not require a lot of ingredients and most of the ingredients are staples in the house anyway. While chopping up the broccoli and cauliflower in the food processor does make a bigger mess, it gets extra veggies into everyone.
James is not a big veggie or potato eater but he will occasionally eat ham, veggie, and hashbrown casserole. Probably because it is so cheesy! I tend to make it on nights when he will not be home for dinner. The girls, however, love it. The leftovers keep well in the fridge for a few days too. While I tend to serve this casserole for dinner it does go well with eggs for breakfast or brunch.
Ham, Veggie, and Hashbrown Casserole
- 1 lbs frozen hashbrowns (about half a bag)
- 12 oz bag of frozen broccoli
- 12 oz bag of frozen cauliflower
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 lb chopped ham
- Thaw broccoli and cauliflower on counter for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty bag broccoli into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place broccoli in a large bowl.
- Empty bag of cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place cauliflower in bowl with broccoli.
- Add frozen hashbrowns to the bowl of veggies.
- Mix in chopped ham and half the shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt butter, milk, and salt.
- Pour potato mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Pour milk mixture over potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until cheese is browned.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Ham, Veggie, and Hashbrown casserole is a great way to use leftover ham.
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more casserole recipes? Check out my Recipes: Main Dishes board on Pinterest.