Berries and apples? Yes, please! What’s not to love about this yummy, easy, homemade berry applesauce! It’s so super easy! You wanna know why it’s so easy? It’s done in the Crock-pot! You don’t even have to eat up the house for this yummy treat.
- 10 small apples
- 1.5 – 2 cups of berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- Wash all fruit.
- Core and chop apples and place in Crock-pot. You can peel the apples if you wish, I did not.
- Add berries to Crock-pot. If using strawberries, remove the stems and quarter the strawberries.
- Cook on high for 3 hours and then cook on low for 2 hours.
- Pour apple-berry mixture into food processor (or use a stick immersion blender, I so want one of these) and pulse a few times until blended thoroughly.
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Makes 6 – 8 half cup servings.
What a simple way to preserve the summer berries! I think this will also be great with mangos and peaches. Oh and by the way, this applesauce freezes wonderfully! I just take a new jar out whenever we finish one. I let it thaw in the refrigerator.
What’s your favorite flavor of applesauce?
Have a blessed day!
Linking up here:
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.