I love chocolate! However, I’m not a fan of chocolate cakes or cupcakes. Which is why I was very surprised that they turned out the first time unlike the vanilla cupcakes. I had even assumed I would have problems making them so I made these first.
They turned out wonderfully! So moist and delicious. That is usually my problem with chocolate cakes and cupcakes, they are not moist enough. Plus, they were nice and chocolaty.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners.
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs in one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture beating until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir milk into batter until smooth.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place one scoop in each muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes about 24 cupcakes.
Adapted from hersheys.com
Have a blessed day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.