This post, Honey Butter Baked Chicken Wings, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
Honey and butter combine to smother baked chicken wings creating a delicious sweet baked chicken wings. Perfect for kids to eat and make!
Why baked instead of fried? Good question! I LOVE chicken wings, but all the deep fried goodness of traditional wings does not sit well with me anymore. Plus, most wings are breaded which means loaded with gluten and I don’t like that either.
We leave our wings naked instead of breaded. Smothered in my sweet honey butter sauce and baked in the oven makes for a delicious dinner that is lighter (and lower calorie) than traditional wings.
I make honey butter baked chicken wings for the kids instead of my sweet and spicy baked chicken wings. They are sticky and sweet which makes them perfect for kids.
Honey Butter Baked Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 lbs chicken wings, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange chicken wings in a single layer on sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes flip wings over.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- While chicken wings are baking combine honey and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Working in batches, place chicken wings in bowl with the sauce.
- Toss or stir gently until coated.
- Remove wings and place on a serving platter. Repeat with remaining wings.
- Pour remaining sauce over wings, if desired.
- If you have an air fryer, try frying them in there. My toaster oven has an air fry setting and I like to pop them in there for about 10 minutes to give them an extra crunch.
- Wrap leftover wings and store in the fridge.
- Reheat leftover wings in the toaster oven.
These wings are easy to make and perfect for kids to make! My kids love mixing up the sauce and stirring the wings in it.
These wings are perfect when dunked in ranch dressing or smothered in my personal favorite: blue cheese dressing. I like to serve my honey butter baked chicken wings with carrot and celery sticks. The wings are great for lunch, dinner, snacks, or appetizers!
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more main dishes? Then check out my Recipes: Main Dishes board on Pinterest!