This post, Kid Made Unicorn Horns a Marshmallow and Fruit Kabobs Snack-tivity, may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, Penguins in Pink will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Penguins in Pink is an Amazon Associate site.
If you’ve got a unicorn-loving kid then you have to try these Kid Made Unicorn Horns a Marshmallow and Fruit Kabobs Snack-tivity. They are a fun, sweet snack where kids build a unicorn horn out of marshmallows and fruit pieces.
My kids love marshmallows. We always have a bag or two around. I recently found a bag of unicorn marshmallows from Jet-Puffed. My unicorn-loving kids were so excited for them.
The kiddos were a bit disappointed when they realized that there was no actual unicorn shaped marshmallows in the bag. Just pastel colors of pink, blue, purple, and yellow shaped like hearts, stars, flowers, and moons. We decided to make unicorn horns out of the marshmallows.
Kid Made Unicorn Horns a Marshmallow and Fruit Kabobs Snack-tivity
Almost any fruit could be used to make these marshmallow and fruit kabobs. We used blueberries, banana slices, mandarin oranges, and golden kiwi slices. Any bite-sized fruit pieces will work.
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 golden kiwis, peeled and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup of Jet-Puffed Unicorn Marshmallows
- Bamboo skewers
- Place each fruit into its own bowl or plate.
- Place marshmallows on their own plate.
- Holding a bamboo skewer firmly in hand, carefully slide a piece of fruit or marshmallow on the skewer to just above your hand.
- Then slide another piece of fruit or marshmallow down to rest right on top of the last first one.
- Continue layering fruit pieces and marshmallow shapes on the skewer until you reach the top.
- Repeat steps for remaining skewers.
- Challenge your kids to create patterns with their unicorn horns or replicate a pattern you create.
- Kid made unicorn horns would be a fun station at a birthday or other party.
- Remind kids to be careful with the point on the bamboo skewer. While we had no incidents with our skewers they are very pointy and can hurt.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in a zip top bag or large container and refrigerate.
- Unicorn horns make great summer afternoon snacks and after school treats.
Kid Made Unicorn Horns a Marshmallow and Fruit Kabobs Snack-tivity is such a fun, sweet treat. Plus so tasty. The kids loved assembling their own unicorn horn or two and of course gobbling them up!
Have a great day!
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Looking for more snack recipes? Check out my Recipes: Snacks board on Pinterest.