My friend Alex is an awesome cook and she is constantly posting some very yummy recipes on her site ZoeBean Creations. A while back (when I was still pregnant) she posted about a Lazy Man Pancake AKA Dutch Baby. It looked so yummy! I just had to try it out!
The first time I made the Lazy Man Pancake I used whole wheat flour and strawberries. I topped it off with some local honey. Delish! I loved it. Which is good because I spent the rest of the week eating it! James does not eat strawberries. Cakey picked out the strawberries and threw the rest on the floor. So I was alone in eating (and enjoying) this pancake.
White half strawberry Lazy Man Pancake
The second time I made it I used white flour (I think I might have used all purpose flour because it’s kind of poofy) and only put strawberries on half of it. It turned out just as delish as the first time! Since the strawberries were only on half of it James happily ate his share of the Lazy Man Pancake.
Lazy Man PancakeRecipe
- 1/4 cup of butter (I used like a tablespoon or so and it turned out fine)
- 2/3 cup of flour (I used whole wheat but any kind would work)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- fruit (I used about 3/4 to 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put butter in glass pie dish and place in oven letting it melt while you mix up everything.
- Mix the flour, sugar, milk, salt and eggs together.
- After butter melts, pour the mixture into the pie plate.
- Then add your fruit or whatever filling you would like (chocolate chips anyone?).
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Then slice and enjoy!
This is the perfect breakfast for when you do not have time to stand over a griddle.
Have a blessed day!
Linking up here:
This post may or may not contain referral links. Please read my disclosure policy here.